How To Get Rid Of Warts Quickly
Warts, also medically known as verruca vulgaris, are generally caused by HPV(human papillomavirus). This plague is highly contagious and is caused by direct contact with other people who have warts or with things the infected people have touched. They can appear anywhere on your body, hand, foot, face or any other part and people don’t like them because they look unpleasant.
Warts can disappear over time but this may take anything from a couple of weeks to years, hence a more active method should be employed. There is no one definitive cure to deal with warts but the following are a few recommended tips on how to get rid of warts on your skin.
• Using duct tape has been discovered to be an effective method to remove warts. This Duct Tape Occlusion Therapy localizes the medication applied on the wart area. It also slowly chokes the wart. So first apply a cream with imiquimod or rub a fresh pineapple on it. Then Take a silver duct tape and cover your wart. Keep the tape there for at least a few hours. Repeat the process every time you take the duct tape off. After a few days of repeating this, the wart will turn black which is good. After that keep covering it with duct tape until the wart is gone.
• Salicylic acid is the ingredient in most wart removers available readily. First soak your skin in water. Then you need to apply the salicylic acid liberally on the wart using a brush. Leave it there and let it dry. After a day you can peel off the dead skin because the skin has softened a lot. Repeat the process for another three to four days to completely get rid of the warts.
• Ask your doctor about immunotherapy for warts. For this method the physician injects a substance underneath the wart causing an immune reaction. It makes your body’s own defenses to fight against the HPV causing warts.
• You can make use of liquid nitrogen as a method to freeze warts. It is a little uncomfortable treatment but it causes direct destruction of the culprit and also alerts the immune system that there is HPV in the skin. This method will have to be repeated three to four times to completely remove a wart.
• A doctor, if consulted, will apply cantharidin directly on the wart and then cover it using a bandage. This is a fast acting chemical to burn away the warts. In a day you can remove the bandage and get the dead skin removed.
• Some treatments are more extreme. For instance a dermatologist may use lasers, electrosurgery or curettage to surgically eliminate warts. These might be a little painful but effective. However, you can first attempt the cheaper home remedies and then opt for these more expensive alternatives to get rid of warts.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter